UNT System Leaders Honored by D Magazine
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Several UNT System leaders were recently honored by D Magazine in a special edition that recognizes the area's top business people. D CEO's special edition, The Dallas 500, is a list of the most powerful business leaders in the Dallas-Fort Worth area -- the people who are driving the region's economic progress through business, education and more.
Congratulations to everyone in the UNT family who made the list!
Lee Jackson, chancellor, UNT System
- Jackson became the UNT System chancellor in 2002 and has guided the system to incredible growth. He spent 20 years in government before coming to UNT.
Michael Maslanka, assistant professor of law, UNT Dallas College of Law
- Michael Maslanka is currently an assistant professor of law at the UNT Dallas College of Law after spending 34 years as a practicing attorney.
- Pohlen is the director of the UNT Logistics Systems Institute, a group of researchers who provide leading-edge solutions to public and private organizations. UNT's logistics program is one of the top in the country, and its students have garnered several awards at national case competitions.
- Smatresk came to UNT in 2014 when he was named the 16th president in UNT's history, marking his second university presidency. He has nearly 35 years of experience in higher education.
Bobby Ray ('69), former UNT System Board of Regents member and chairman; president, BR Homebuilding Group
- President of the BR Homebuilding Group, Ray has been building homes in the area since the 1980s. He is a former member and chairman of the UNT System Board of Regents, serving from 1995 to 2007.
Brint Ryan ('88, '88 M.S.), UNT System Board of Regents chairman; CEO, Ryan Inc.
- Ryan was appointed to the UNT System Board of Regents in August of 2009 and has served as the chairman since 2013. He is the CEO of Ryan Inc., a professional tax services firm based in Dallas.
Michael Williams, president, UNT Health Science Center
- Williams was named president of the UNT Health Science Center in 2013 after more than 20 years in medicine as an anesthesiologist. He received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the UNT Health Science Center in 1981.
Laura Wright ('82, '82 M.S.), UNT System Board of Regents member; CFO, Southwest Transplant Alliance
- Wright has been the CFO at Southwest Transplant Alliance since 2012 and is a UNT System Board of Regents member. She was previously with Southwest Airlines for 25 years.