Holidays for All Locations
Faculty and staff who have a question about holiday schedules should contact their supervisor. Department supervisors work with Payroll to record holiday time.
Employees – faculty and staff – who work at least 20 hours per week for a period of at least four-and-a-half continuous months per year are eligible for paid holidays. Employees who work less than full time receive holiday leave based on the percent of hours worked or appointed.
Holidays are officially designated by order of the UNT System Board of Regents. Note that not every legislatively approved holiday is scheduled by institutions of higher education.
- Find a chart of holidays for FY18 and FY19.
- All locations have the same holidays for FY18, including a one-day floating holiday to be selected by the employee with supervisory approval. The floating day allocation for FY18 appears on the employee portal entry page in myUNT, myHSC, myUNTDallas, mySystem and myLAW.
- All locations have the same holidays in FY19. There is not a floating day in FY19, which begins Sept. 1, 2018.
- Find the official Regents' agenda board order for FY18 and FY19 holidays, approved at the board's Nov. 17-18, 2016, meeting.
- Contact UNTHSC clinics regarding holiday schedules.