Status Update - March 23
Updated Building Hours (March 23, 2020 - Until further notice):
In line with Dallas County’s new shelter-in-place rules, which go into effect at 11:59 p.m. tonight, we will be closing all UNT System Administration offices for on-site access – remote working will continue. Only security staff will remain in the building at 1901 Main Street in Dallas, beginning tomorrow, March 24. Similarly, UNT System Administration offices at the Business Services Center, Woodhill Square and Discovery Park in Denton will limit on-site staff to designated personnel only. To clarify, all UNT System Administration Offices will only be accessible to personnel designated as critical for continued on-site operations as determined by your Vice Chancellor or Chancellor Roe– all other system administration personnel will continue to work remotely. The 1901 Main Street closure includes the UNT Dallas College of Law library and all other COL resources in that building.
There is an effort underway to improve the aesthetics of our building exteriors and common areas. The goal is to more effectively market our collective brands. Stay tuned for some exciting new visual displays and aesthetic improvements to our buildings!
1900 Elm Construction Efforts:
- There will be a fire sealant project in the basement parking garage. Please be careful when entering the garage as there may be contractors on ladders in various locations.
- There will be an exterior façade repair project beginning this Saturday, February 29, along St. Paul Street, including scaffolding adjacent the building. Please use the opposite side of the street while the scaffolding is in place.
1901 Main Construction Efforts:
- 3/18/20: Starting on Wednesday, March 25, contruction will begin on the egress stairs directly adjacent to the loading dock. It will include the construction of a corridor, installation of doors, and fire stopping and sealing in the parking garage.
- 2/24/20: There is a fire safety improvement project to upgrade our egress stairways and exit doors. The majority of this project will be confined to the main exit stairs, with a significant effort at the lower level stair adjacent the South East entrance. When possible, please use the other entrances while this work is ongoing.
- 2/24/20: In preparation for DISD’s occupancy, there will be ongoing construction work on the 3rd and 4th floors including the construction of walls that will divide the DISD space from the escalators. The majority of this work will begin in May; however, some preparatory work has already started. The contractors will make every effort to control the transmission of noise, but there will likely be some minor noise and disruption. We appreciate your patience during this time of change.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
|DAYS||BUILDING HOURS / CUSTODIAL HOURS||SECURITY HOURS|
|Monday - Thursday||07:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.||06:30 a.m. – 12:00 midnight|
|Friday||07:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m.||06:30 a.m. – 06:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||08:30 a.m. – 06:30 p.m.||08:00 a.m. – 07:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||12:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.||11:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
The Elm Street Garage, located at 2000 Elm Street, has covered parking and includes a sky bridge connection to the UNT System building.
Elm Street Garage daily parking information:
- There are no in-and-out privileges when paying for daily parking;
- The daily parking rate is presently $12;
- Students may reduce their daily parking as follows:
- Bring the ticket one receives upon entering the parking garage into the Lee F. Jackson Building and scan it at the security desk.
- The scanner is programmed to reduce the parking rate to $6 for those who arrive before 4pm.
- The scanner is programmed to reduce the parking rate to $4 for those who arrive after 4pm.
- When you exit the parking garage, scan the ticket at the gate and pay the appropriate amount.
- You must have your entry ticket to receive the discount.
- Occasionally, special event parking can alter the cost of daily rate parking.
Please note that rates are subject to change by the garage in the future.
1901 Main Street is four blocks south of the DART light rail St. Paul Station. See map.
All students, employees, and visitors will follow directions as provided during any emergency, such as fire or severe weather. Alerts may be issued via the building’s public announcement system, emails, text messages, and voice mail. Alternatively, if an alert occurs and no instructions are given, check posted instructions in all classrooms and office suites.
As a state institution, the UNT System Building is open to the members of the public who have business with the UNT System, UNT Dallas College of Law, or another tenant of the building. Visitors should check in with the Security Desk in the lobby on the first floor upon entering the building, where they will receive directions to the office or person they are seeking. Visitors will be provided directions or an escort and a visitor’s name badge as appropriate. Visitors may also be asked for proof of identity.
All events require proof of insurance and TABC license.
No Tobacco Policy
No tobacco products or e-cigarettes may be used or consumed inside the UNT System Building
Lost and Found
Items found in the building are held by the Security Desk, 214.571.9719.
All other System Policies.
Simplified floor plans of Egress and AED locations in development.