As it relates to the coronavirus (COVID-19) threat, the University of North Texas System and its member institutions are committed to the well-being and safety of our students, faculty and staff. As the State of Texas has re-opened in phases, our cross-campus COVID-19 action team has been working diligently on planning and implementing phased campus and office re-openings across the UNT System. Each of our institutions, as well as UNT System Administration, has instituted extensive safety precautions including elevated sanitization measures, reallocation of spaces and installation of signage to enable social distancing, the continued use of remote learning/working when possible and the establishment of PPE requirements and other safety measures. We are also providing training resources and PPE to all students, faculty and staff.
Current UNT System guidelines, applicable to all member institutions, can be found below and will be updated regularly as circumstances change. For information specific to a UNT System institution, please visit the COVID-19 web sites for UNT, UNT Health Science Center and UNT Dallas.
Fall 2020 Plans
The UNT System and its member institutions will continue to follow COVID-19 safety guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). All relevant UNT System risk management guidelines will continue to be posted on this web site, and each UNTS institution also has its own coronavirus web site with updates specific to that campus. As circumstances related to COVID-19 evolve, system-wide risk management guidelines may change. At all times the UNT System will be focused on minimizing risk, while simultaneously optimizing our performance and the services we provide. With this in mind, physical interaction will be minimized and the safety of the physical environment will be maximized.
Campus and Office Reopening Plans
- University of North Texas
- University of North Texas Health Science Center
- University of North Texas at Dallas
- UNT System Administration
Protective Equipment, Safety Measures, and Sanitization
- Significant safety/sanitization precautions will be taken – this includes protocols for COVID-19 testing, contact tracing and precautionary isolation of individuals that may have been exposed to the virus.
- Masks are expected to be worn during person-to-person interactions in our facilities and some roles will require additional PPE.
- Our buildings will be deep-cleaned frequently and will have signage installed to provide clear safety guidelines.
- Flow plans for foot traffic will be created using one-way corridors when possible, and maximum elevator capacities will be established and monitored.
- Classrooms, offices, common spaces and residence halls will be reconfigured to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Suspending system/university-sponsored international travel until further notice.
- Only domestic travel necessary for business continuity will be supported until further notice.
- Faculty, staff or students returning from countries with travel restrictions or visiting a UNTS campus or office from a country with travel restrictions will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Minimizing large public gatherings on all campuses.
- Payroll checks are no longer be available for in-person pick up. We are requesting that people transition to Direct Deposit or the Brinks Skylight Money Card. More information on the Paychecks Update on the HR site.
COVID-19 Employee Resources
- COVID-19 Working Conditions: for information on which leave options to use with clarifying examples
- Cybersecurity Safeguards for Working Remotely: for information on safely working remotely
- HR FAQ for COVID-19: for questions on how to respond in different health and work scenarios
- Your Insurance and COVID-19: for details on insurance related to COVID-19
Any UNT System employees with symptoms or exposure to the COVID-19 virus should contact their human resources representative and inform their supervisor. Additionally, employees with symptoms or exposure to the virus may contact Texas Local Public Health Organizations.
COVID-19 Websites for our Institutions
Each unique UNT System institution has its own set of dynamic circumstances to navigate, so there is no “one-size-fits-all” solution when it comes to mitigating the risk of COVID-19. With that in mind, each of our universities are updating their campus communities regularly through their respective institutional web sites.
Please click on the links below to visit a UNT System campus web site for the most up-to-date campus information as it relates to COVID-19