As it relates to the coronavirus (COVID-19) threat, the University of North Texas System and its member institutions are committed to the well-being and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Our cross-campus COVID-19 action team continues to work diligently on planning and implementing phased campus and office reopenings across the UNT System. Each of our institutions, as well as UNT System Administration, has instituted extensive safety precautions including elevated sanitization measures, reallocation of spaces and installation of signage to enable social distancing, the continued use of remote learning/working when possible and the establishment of PPE requirements and other safety measures. We are also providing training resources and PPE to all students, faculty and staff.
Current UNT System guidelines, applicable to all member institutions, can be found below and will be updated regularly as circumstances change. For information specific to a UNT System institution, please visit the COVID-19 web sites for UNT, UNT Health Science Center and UNT Dallas.
Campus and Office Safety Plans
- University of North Texas
- University of North Texas Health Science Center
- University of North Texas at Dallas
- UNT System Administration
Protective Equipment, Safety Measures and Sanitization
- Significant safety/sanitization precautions are being taken – this includes protocols for COVID-19 testing, contact tracing and precautionary isolation of individuals that may have been exposed to the virus.
- Masks must be worn during person-to-person interactions in our facilities and some roles will require additional PPE.
- Our buildings will be deep-cleaned frequently and signage has been installed to provide clear safety guidelines.
- Flow plans for foot traffic have been created using one-way corridors when possible, and maximum elevator capacities have been established and are being monitored.
- Classrooms, offices, common spaces and residence halls have been reconfigured to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Starting January 26, 2021, the CDC will require all air travelers to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 before boarding flights to the U.S. from any international location. In addition, all faculty, staff or students will be asked to quarantine off campus for 10 days. International students who will be living on campus will be provided with an on-campus quarantine room..
- Only domestic travel necessary for business continuity will be supported until further notice.
- Faculty, staff or students returning from countries with travel restrictions or visiting a UNTS campus or office from a country with travel restrictions will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Minimizing large public gatherings on all campuses.
- Payroll checks are no longer available for in-person pick-up. We are requesting that people transition to Direct Deposit or the Brinks Skylight Money Card. More information on the Paychecks Update on the HR site.
COVID-19 Employee Resources
- COVID-19 Working Conditions: for information on which leave options to use with clarifying examples
- Cybersecurity Safeguards for Working Remotely: for information on safely working remotely
- HR FAQ for COVID-19: for questions on how to respond in different health and work scenarios
- Your Insurance and COVID-19: for details on insurance related to COVID-19
Any UNT System employees with symptoms or exposure to the COVID-19 virus should contact their human resources representative and inform their supervisor. Additionally, employees with symptoms or exposure to the virus may contact Texas Local Public Health Organizations.
COVID-19 Websites for our Institutions
Each unique UNT System institution has its own set of dynamic circumstances to navigate, so there is no “one-size-fits-all” solution when it comes to mitigating the risk of COVID-19. With that in mind, each of our universities are updating their campus communities regularly through their respective institutional websites.
Please click on the links below to visit a UNT System campus website for the most up-to-date campus information as it relates to COVID-19: