Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
UNT System Human Resources uses FMLASource® to administer requests and claims for these important and valuable employee benefits:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Parental Leave
- State of Texas Sick Leave Pool. (Texas Government Code, Sec. 661.207.)
Employees requesting leave should:
- Create an account with FMLASource®, which administers services for all System locations.
- Use the account to check eligibility, status, download medical certifications, track leave taken and leave remaining.
- Utilize the FMLASource user-friendly format, available 24 hours, every day, online and via smartphone app.
- Find assistance by phone and fax, from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., every day, 844-837-9301. A representative assigned to the UNT System will answer your call.
- Find a step-by-step guide for using FMLASource online.
The federal Family and Medical Leave Act entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons.
Employees should begin the FMLA request as soon as possible before a qualifying event.