The information contained on this site will be reviewed and updated on a periodic basis.
Please refer back to this site for the latest up-to-date information.
UNTS Component General Ledger Closing Schedule
FISCAL YEAR 2020
|Department Journal Deadline
by 5:00 PM1
by 5:00 PM2
|2020||1||September||October 3, 2019||Thursday||October 18, 2019||Friday|
|2020||2||October||November 5, 2019||Tuesday||November 12, 2019||Tuesday|
|2020||3||November3||December 4, 2019||Wednesday||December 11, 2019||Wednesday|
|2020||4||December||January 6, 2020||Monday||January 13, 2020||Monday|
|2020||5||January||February 5, 2020||Wednesday||February 12, 2020||Wednesday|
|2020||6||February3||March 4, 2020||Wednesday||March 12, 2020||Thursday|
|2020||7||March||April 3, 2020||Friday||April 10, 2020||Friday|
|2020||8||April||May 5, 2020||Tuesday||May 12, 2020||Tuesday|
|2020||9||May3||June 3, 2020||Wednesday||June 10, 2020||Wednesday|
|2020||10||June||July 3, 2020||Friday||July 10, 2020||Friday|
|2020||11||July||August 5, 2020||Wednesday||August 12, 2020||Wednesday|
|2020||12||August||September 4, 20204||Friday||September 11, 2020||Friday|
|2020||998||August||N/A||N/A||September 30, 2020||Wednesday|
|2020||999||August||N/A||N/A||October 6, 2020||Friday|
|2021||1||September||October 5, 2020||Monday||TBD||TBD|
Notes on closing:
1. Standard department deadline for journals is the third business day of each month.
2. Standard close date for all member institutions is the eighth business day of each month. Member institutions are encouraged to close earlier than the standard close date.
3. The closing date may be extended for these periods due to quarterly reporting to board of regents.
4. All departmental journals submitted to accounting and budget by 12 pm on September 4, 2020 will be posted in FY2020.
Month End Close procedures
Download the Month End Close procedures
Need to Know
Helpful Tips for Closing Out FY 2019:
- Review and cancel department requisitions that will not be approved and forwarded to Procurement Services by 8/21/19.
- Ensure Budget Date is changed to 9/1/2019 on all FY20 requisitions before submission.
- Respond to outstanding payment approval emails received as quickly as possible.
- Forward any outstanding invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- Complete and submit travel vouchers for FY19 travel.
- FY19 ePro requisitions and blanket orders may now be entered.
Note that the budget date should reflect 9/01/19. Please add a statement “For delivery and invoicing after 9/01/19”. Additionally, for FY20 blanket purchase orders, please be sure to check the “Amount Only” block on the “Line Details” screen of the requisition. This will allow multiple invoices to be paid against the line. Please contact Mike Abernethy, Senior Director for Procurement Services by email at Michael.Abernethy@untsystem.edu or by phone at (940) 369-5510 if you have any questions about year end.