Sunday, February 21, 2021
As we continue to deal with complications from the ongoing weather emergency, our Payroll Team is working hard to ensure there are no disruptions with upcoming payroll processes. In that regard, due to the closures to our campuses and UNT System, the Payroll Office is making a few adjustments to the payroll deadline calendar. To ensure timely processing, we ask that supervisors and employees follow the new deadline schedule below.
If you have any additional questions regarding the updated schedule, please contact Payroll at 940-369-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Entry Guidelines for Weather Closures
Due to inclement weather, the University of North Texas System and its campuses closed from Feb. 15-19. Please read below for details on how to enter your time during this closure. Please note that employees will need to enter time for each day of the closure (Feb. 15-19) into the EIS Time and Labor system.
- Hourly employees will only be paid for time physically worked.
- Regardless of how much time an hourly (student or non-student) employee is scheduled to work, they do not receive any compensation for time not actually worked; only the hours the hourly employee physically worked should be entered.
- Employees who are not eligible to receive leave require no special data entry.
- The amount of Leave – Weather Closure-EMG (WCEMG) each employee should receive during this university closure is eight hours per day for full-time benefits-eligible employees and is prorated based on FTE for those who are part-time benefits-eligible. For example, a part-time benefits-eligible employee who is 50 percent would receive four hours.
Working during the closure
Employees who work during the closure must enter the time worked using code University Closure Worked (UCWK) in the EIS Time and Labor system. They also must enter the amount of Leave – Weather Closure-EMG (WCEMG) given in the eLeave system, to ensure correct comp time accruals.
- An employee does NOT receive University Closure leave when the employee is on Leave Without Pay Status during the closure.
- Employees in Dock status (DOC) prior to the closure will not receive the closure hours and will need to be docked their scheduled hours. Timekeepers will input DOC and an override rate on the timesheet for the appropriate number of hours.
How to Enter Time in EIS Time and Labor System
Part 1: Full-time benefits-eligible salaried employees will use eLeave to submit a request using leave type Leave – Weather Closure-EMG (WCEMG) for the hours granted. The hours will automatically populate the employee’s timesheet as WCEMG – Leave - Weather Closure-EMG once the eLeave request has been approved. The number of hours will be prorated based on FTE for part-time benefits-eligible salaried employees.
Part 2 (if applicable): Employees who are required to work during the closure will enter the hours on their timesheet using the time reporting code UCWK – Univ. Closure Wrkd/Comp @ 1.0.
1. Sam is a full-time employee scheduled to work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Sam’s timesheet will look like this (employee must enter time for all the days that apply):
2. Sandy is a full-time employee scheduled to work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and is an essential employee who will continue to work her normal scheduled hours. Sandy’s timesheet will look like this (employee must enter time for all the days that apply):
3. Bob is a 50 percent FTE employee scheduled to work 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday through Friday and works his regular schedule. Bob’s timesheet would look like this (employee must enter time for all the days that apply):
4. Eddy is a full-time employee who is currently on vacation for the closure. Eddy’s timesheet would look like this:
5. John is a 50 percent FTE worker scheduled to work 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday through Friday. John leaves at 10 a.m. on Monday. John’s timesheet would look like this:
6. Pam is a full-time employee scheduled to work 4 p.m. to 3 a.m., Monday through Thursday. Pam’s timesheet would look like this:
If you have any additional questions regarding the entry of time for this leave period, please contact Time and Labor at 940-369-5500 or email@example.com.