Wednesday, March 9, 2022
What: 2022 UNT Equity and Diversity Conference presented by Fidelity Investments: “IDEAs for Change: History, Hope and Progress”
When: 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. March 23 (Wednesday); Registration deadline is March 9
Where: Online; Registration information can be found at http://edc.unt.edu
The 2022 Equity and Diversity Conference presented by Fidelity Investments is themed “IDEAs for Change: History, Hope and Progress.” The theme incorporates both the new name of its sponsoring division—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA)—and the conference’s keynote speaker, Juneteenth scholar Annette Gordon-Reed. Gordon-Reed, a professor of history at Harvard University and author of six books, weaves her family’s history with greater historical context in her latest book, “On Juneteenth.” Presented virtually for the second year, the conference will bring back the career fair sponsored by Comerica Bank that debuted in 2020 and provide opportunities for centering the effects of historical and present-day oppression on minoritized communities for progress and change.
Workshop topics include:
- Creating Accessible Experiences for Students from Freshman to Graduation
- Balancing Two Worlds: Supporting Transracial Asian/American Adoptees in College
- A Mile in Their Shoes: Neurodiversity and Cultural-Based Perspectives
- Supporting First-Generation Students in the Online Environment
- Ensuring Respect, Equity, and Inclusion for Fat People
- Reframing Allyship: The Noun and Verb
- DEI Strategies: When the Pandemic Pauses the World
- Nobody’s Perfect: Implicit Bias in College Admissions
Social Media: Participants can follow and engage with the conversation at @UNT_IDEA or through #EDC22atUNT.
UNT News Service Phone Number: 940.565.2108