The University of North Texas System inspires courageous discovery that empowers our students, campuses, and communities to pursue a brighter vision for tomorrow.
UNT System is the only university system based in and exclusively focused on the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
We embrace our role in creating opportunities through education and developing the workforce of tomorrow for North Texas.
With our heart in North Texas, we transform lives and create economic opportunity through education.
Transform the future of North Texas and beyond by being accessible, caring, innovative and industry-connected — bringing out the full potential of those we serve.
Service. Teamwork. Trust. Excellence.
UNT System Institutions
UNT, our flagship university in Denton, is a Tier 1 research university with more than 42,000 students. UNT's vision is to become globally known for collaborative and imaginative educational innovation and scholarly activity that transforms students and benefits the world. UNT is expanding its influence in the North Texas region as it builds a new, innovative campus in Frisco, Texas.
UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth is one university, built on values, defining and producing the healthcare providers of the future. UNTHSC is one of the nation’s premier graduate academic medical centers, with more than 2,400 students and six schools that specialize in patient-centered education, research and health care. UNTHSC is the top producer of primary care physicians in Texas and is a leader in DNA and aging/Alzheimer’s Disease research.
Through education and community connectedness, UNT Dallas aspires to be the pathway to socioeconomic mobility in its primary market. UNT Dallas is one of the fastest-growing universities in Texas with more than 4,200 students, UNT Dallas’ main campus is located in southern Dallas, while its UNT Dallas College of Law is located in downtown Dallas.
By The Numbers
UNT System Headquarters
UNT System Headquarters, also referred to as UNT System Administration, was founded in 1999 and provides governance and service to UNT System component institutions in the areas of legal, finance, audit, academic affairs and student success, facilities and construction, human resources, information technology and government relations. The purpose of UNT System Headquarters is to lead, serve and inspire. Like its counterpart central administrative offices across Texas, the UNT System:
- Provides executive leadership
- Represents the University of North Texas System and its component institutions in all legal matters
- Leads the development of educational mission, policy, and programs and facilitates and coordinates new initiatives and academic and student affairs planning and implementation
- Oversees system-wide financial planning and analysis, including coordination of the annual institution budgets within the UNT System
- Supervises compliance with federal, state, and local laws and with Board of Regents policies
- Provides a full range of professional design, development and management support for facilities planning and construction
- Establishes state and federal legislative and policy priorities for the System in collaboration with the Board of Regents institutional leadership and engages constituencies and stakeholders at all levels of government on issues impacting higher education
- Coordinates relationships with the region’s communities and organizations and other university systems