The University of North Texas System inspires courageous discovery that empowers our students, campuses, and communities to pursue a brighter vision for tomorrow.
UNT System is the only university system based in and exclusively focused on the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
We embrace our role in creating opportunities through education and developing the workforce of tomorrow for North Texas.
With our heart in North Texas, we transform lives and create economic opportunity through education.
Transform the future of North Texas and beyond by being accessible, caring, innovative and industry-connected — bringing out the full potential of those we serve.
Service. Teamwork. Trust. Excellence.
UNT System Institutions
By The Numbers
University of North Texas
UNT Health Science Center
(southern Dallas, downtown Dallas)
49,060 Student Enrollment
UNT Dallas: 4,230
UNT Dallas: 775
UNT System: 442
UNT System Headquarters
UNT System Headquarters, also referred to as UNT System Administration, was founded in 1999 and provides governance and service to UNT System component institutions in the areas of legal, finance, audit, academic affairs and student success, facilities and construction, human resources, information technology and government relations. The purpose of UNT System Headquarters is to lead, serve and inspire. Like its counterpart central administrative offices across Texas, the UNT System:
- Provides executive leadership
- Represents the University of North Texas System and its component institutions in all legal matters
- Leads the development of educational mission, policy, and programs and facilitates and coordinates new initiatives and academic and student affairs planning and implementation
- Oversees system-wide financial planning and analysis, including coordination of the annual institution budgets within the UNT System
- Supervises compliance with federal, state, and local laws and with Board of Regents policies
- Provides a full range of professional design, development and management support for facilities planning and construction
- Establishes state and federal legislative and policy priorities for the System in collaboration with the Board of Regents institutional leadership and engages constituencies and stakeholders at all levels of government on issues impacting higher education
- Coordinates relationships with the region’s communities and organizations and other university systems