All UNT System Administration employees and third-parties who act on behalf of the UNT System, are expected to act in an ethical, honest and lawful manner. Preventing and detecting criminal conduct and noncompliance with laws, Regents Rules, System Regulations and System Administration policies is essential to a culture of compliance.
UNT System Administration policy requires all employees and individuals authorized to act on behalf of the UNT System to report suspected wrongdoing of any kind when they have a good faith reason to believe wrongdoing has occurred.
State law requires all employees who have knowledge of or a good faith belief that sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking has taken place to report the conduct.
Individuals who are not employed by or authorized to act on behalf of the System are encouraged to report suspected wrongdoing when they have a good faith reason to believe a UNT System Administration employee or a person acting on behalf of the UNT System has engaged in wrongdoing.
Good Faith Reporting
“Good faith” means the person who is making the report reasonably believes, based upon training and experience, that their concern about the decision or conduct being reported does not comply with UNT System Administration’s ethics or policies, the law, or a rule governing the UNT System.
Ways to Report Suspected Wrongdoing
- Anonymous Reporting via the Trust Line. The Trust Line provides a way for employees and others to report suspected wrongdoing anonymously online and via telephone at 877.606.9187. The Trust Line is operated by an outside company and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Trust Line should not be used to report conduct that presents an immediate threat to life, safety, or property. The Trust Line FAQs provide more information about this anonymous reporting system.
- Compliance & Ethics Program. Employees and other individuals may report suspected wrongdoing to the UNT System Administration Compliance & Ethics Program at 940.565.2156 or email@example.com.
- Equal Opportunity in UNT System Human Resources. Report suspected sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking to the Office of Equal Opportunity in UNT System Human Resources.
- Texas State Auditor's Office. Individuals also may report suspected fraud, waste and abuse to the Texas State Auditor's Office at 1.800.TX.AUDIT (892-8348) and https://sao.texas.gov/. The SAO investigates allegations of illegal acts and improprieties involving entities that receive funds from the State of Texas.
- Local Law Enforcement. Conduct that presents an immediate threat to life, safety or property should be reported
via 911, or to a campus or local law enforcement office:
UNT Police Department 940.565.3000 UNT Health Science Center Police Department 817.735.2600 UNT Dallas Police Department 972.780.3000 UNT Dallas Law Center Security Desk 214.571.4811 UNT System Building Security Desk 214.571.9719
State law makes information that directly or indirectly reveals the identity of individuals who report suspected wrongdoing, participate in a compliance investigation, or seek guidance from the UNT System Administration Compliance & Ethics Program confidential.
Protection Against Retaliation
The UNT System Administration does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who in good faith reports suspected wrongdoing. The System Administration also protects individuals from retaliation who seeks guidance regarding any compliance concern.